How to apply
How to treat acne with Epiduo® gel
To get the most from your Epiduo® gel you should use it every evening. The gel needs to be absorbed into the skin, so it's important you apply it before going to bed.
To apply Epiduo...
- Wash and carefully pat dry the skin with a towel
- Squeeze a small pea-sized amount of gel onto your finger tip
- a little goes a long way, so spread the gel thinly over the areas of skin with acne*. Take care to avoid the eyes and mouth
- Wash your hands after applying the gel
- Use a moisturiser, especially if your skin feels tight or dry
During the first couple of weeks, with your skin still adapting to the acne treatment, you may get some mild to moderate irritation or dry skin.
This should go over time, but if it's troubling you, your doctor may advise you to apply the gel less often (once every two or three days) before gradually building up to once daily again.
*Be careful not to apply too much gel. It won't clear your acne any faster, and may cause your skin to become very red and irritated.